GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT OUR WEBSITE
APEM (hereinafter "APEM" or "We" or "Us") welcomes you to our internet pages. We thank you for your interest in our company and our products.
1. APEM RESPECTS YOUR PRIVACY
The protection of your privacy throughout the course of processing personal data as well as the security of all business data is an important concern to us. We process personal data that was gathered during your visit of our Website confidentially and only in accordance with statutory regulations.
Data protection and information security are included in our corporate policy.
2. WHO IS THE RESPONSIBLE ENTITY FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
APEM is the responsible entity for the processing of your data, exceptions are outlined in this data protection notice.
Our contact details are as follows:
55 avenue Edouard Herriot
82303 Caussade cedex
Your APEM contact
RCS Montauban, 342 898 384
VAT ID No FR76 342 898 384
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you use our Website, when you contact us for purposes such as asking for a quote, or registering yourself on our website, if you are in our email marketing campaigns or if you apply for a job, we may collect information about you such as the following:
- Identity data such as name, company, address, email address, phone number, job title, information from our correspondence with you.
- Registration data and usage data such as information provided by you when you register for an account to use our website, including IP address, browser data, browser type, device type, device ID, Uniform Resource Locators (URL), operating system, part search and detail requests, user names and passwords, information on your usage of our website when registered and signed into the website: what pages you view, the number of bytes transferred, the links you click, the materials you access, the date and time you access the website, the website from which you linked to our website and other actions taken within the website.
- Marketing and communications data, including industry, region, information whether you are already a customer, your marketing preferences and your subscriptions to our publications marketing campaign information, and your interest in our products.
- Recruitment data including information submitted in connection with a job application such as
- a resume/curriculum vitae, professional references, information about education and job background, and information about professional training and certifications.
- Export control information, such as your nationality, citizenship and country of residence, that allows us to determine your eligibility under export control regulations to receive information about certain technologies;
- Transaction data, including inquiries about and orders for our products and services and details of payments to and from you;
As well as any kind of information you provide us with. When you do not provide requested information, we may not be able to provide you the requested service or complete your transaction.
4. HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
This personal information is collected from you in many ways, and may include:
- Personal information you provide to us: The majority of personal information we receive comes to us voluntarily from the users in the course of visiting our website, communicating with us or in the ordering process.You are free to choose which information you want to provide to us or if you want to provide us with information at all. Personal information collected via technology: As you use our website, we may collect passive information using cookies.
- Personal information we receive from others: We may receive personal information about users from third parties such as web analytics vendors, social media sites, law enforcement agencies, providers of denied party screening and marketing consultants.
5. WHY DO WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The reasons for using your personal information may differ depending on your interaction with us. Regularly we use your information for the following purposes and on the following legal grounds:
We use your information to perform our contractual services or prior to entering into a contract with you. For example, if you order products at APEM or if you contact us to order products, to provide you with these products, we shall collect:
- information to contact you and communicate with you;
- information to provide you with individualized offers (repricing, quoting);
- information to manage and execute your orders,
- information in the context of warehousing and shipping;
- information in the context of a possible return of your products;
- information in the context of the evaluation of defects;
- information for invoicing and payment follow up.
We use your information to personalize your experience and better meet your needs: In accordance with applicable laws and regulations, we may use your personal information:
- to establish a primary communication with you ;
- to inform you of products or services which may be of interest to you;
- to periodically communicate with you about offerings, events and news, surveys, special offers, and related topics.
We use your information if justified by our legitimate interests. The usage of your information may also be necessary for our own business interests such as for example:
- to evaluate and review our business performance,
- to advertise or to identify potential cyber security threats,
- to pursue, or defend ourselves against, legal claims.
- to provide and improve our website services.
We use your information after obtaining your consent. In some cases, we may ask you to grant us separate consent to use your information, especially for our marketing campaigns.
You may unsubscribe from our email newsletter at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use your information to comply with legal obligations. We are obligated to retain certain information because of legal requirements, such as for tax and business regulations.
We will only use your information for the purposes above. We will not use your information for other purposes.
6. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
As required in accordance with how we use it, we will share your personal information with the following:
- Delivery agents: to ship your orders, we may share your name and shipping address with delivery agents, such as FedEx, UPS, Averitt, DHL, Central or DB Schenker International;
- Service providers and advisors: third party vendors and other service providers that perform services for us or on our behalf, which may include marketing campaign services, providing mailing or email services, tax and accounting services, product fulfilment, payments processing, data enhancement services, fraud prevention, web hosting, or providing analytic services.
- Promotional partners/selected third parties: third parties with whom we partner to provide webinars or other promotional activities, which will be identified by name in the context of these activities; and other third parties, so that they can provide you with information and marketing messages about products or services that may interest you, where you have given us separate consent to do so;
- Purchasers and third parties in connection with a business transaction: personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with an APEM-related transaction, such as a merger, sale of APEM assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another APEM entity or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons: third parties as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our legal claims or to protect the security or integrity of our products and service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of APEM, our visitors, or others.
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We will store personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect the personal information in accordance with our legal obligations and legitimate business interests on both side (duration of the partnership).
8. HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, change or damage. All personal information we collect will be stored on our secure servers.
9. HOW DO WE SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WHEN THERE IS AN INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER?
We are a global company. By using or accessing our Website or contacting us and giving us your information to us, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be collected in, transferred to and accessed by APEM, our group companies, suppliers, distributors and other business partners and/or agents located in countries outside of your country or residence, including but not limited to the United States, China and Japan in accordance with the applicable law.
Please be aware that the privacy protections and legal requirements, including the rights of authorities to access your personal information, in some of these countries may not be equivalent to those in your country of residence. However, we will take reasonable steps to protect your privacy and to provide a level of protection of your personal information that is comparable to that of your country of residence.
10. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITE AND SERVICES
The Website may contain links to and from third-party websites of our business partners, advertisers, and our users may post links to third-party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use, and share information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third-party sites.
11. WHAT KIND OF COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGY DO WE USE?
We, and our third-party partners, automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our Website, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. You can usually change the settings of your browser to modify the permissions you give to us and third parties for the storing of and gaining access to cookies on your device.
- What are Cookies? Cookies are text files, containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your browsing device (such as a computer, tablet or mobile phones) when you visit a website. Cookies allow websites or ad networks to recognize a user's internet browser. This helps websites to know if the browsing device has visited them before.
- What are Cookies used for? Cookies do lots of different jobs, like helping us understand how our website is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and generally improving your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
- What types of cookies are used by APEM? The types of cookies used on our site can generally be put into one of the following categories: strictly necessary; analytics; functionality. You can find out more about each of the cookie categories below.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential to make our website work. They enable you to move around the site and use its features. Without these cookies, services that are necessary for you to fully use our website may not be available, such as accessing certain areas of the website.
- Analytics Cookies: These cookies collect information about how people are using our website, for example which pages are visited the most often, how people are moving from one link to another and if a user experiences error messages on certain pages. All information these cookies collect is grouped together with information from other people's use of our website. Overall, these cookies provide us with analytical information about how our site is performing and how we can improve it.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make and tailor our website to provide enhanced features and content to you. For example, these cookies can be used to remember your username, language choice or country selection, they can also be used to remember changes you've made.
- How long will cookies stay on your browsing device? The length of time a cookie will stay on your browsing device depends on whether it is a "persistent" or "session" cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing the website that has set the cookie. Persistent cookies stay on your browsing device after you have finished browsing a website, until they are deleted or until they expire.
- Mobile devices: If you enter our website via mobile device with activated location-based services, we may collect information about your current location as well as the kind of mobile device in use. Most of the mobile devices provide the possibility to disconnect from location-based services or to deactivate those.
- How can you manage cookies? If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies.. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and performed certain functions with it. You can find out more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at www.allaboutcookies.org.
12. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AS A USER?
To enforce your rights, please use the details provided in the section called WHO IS THE ENTITY RESPONSIBLE FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. In doing so, please ensure that an unambiguous identification of your person is possible.
- Right to information and access: You have the right to obtain confirmation from us about whether your personal data is being processed, and, if this is the case, access to your personal data.
- Right to correction and deletion: You have the right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning yourself without undue delay from us. Considering the purposes of the processing, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement. This does not apply to data that underlies the legal obligation to a statutory retention period to store. If access to such data is not required, however, its processing is restricted (see the following).
- Restriction of processing: You have the right to demand for – as far as statutory requirements are fulfilled – restriction of the processing of your data.
- Objection to data processing: You have the right to object to data processing by us at any time. We will no longer process the personal data unless we demonstrate compliance with legal requirements to provide provable reasons for the further processing, which are beyond your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Objection to data processing based on the legal basis of “justified interest“: In addition, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data at any time, insofar as this is based on a justified interest. We will then terminate the processing of your data, unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds according to legal requirements, which override your rights.
- Withdrawal of consent: In case you consented to the processing of your data, you have the right to revoke this consent. The legality of data processing prior to your revocation remains unchanged.
- Subscriptions can be withdrawn via the link mentioned in the subscription, if applicable in the settings of the website. Alternatively, please contact us using the information in the section called WHO IS THE RESPONSIBLE ENTITY FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- Data portability: You are entitled to receive data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or – if technically feasible – to demand that we transfer those data to a third party.
- Right of complaint with supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You can appeal to the supervisory authority, which is responsible for your place of residence or your state of residency, or to the supervisory authority responsible for us. This is: CNIL
13. WHO CAN YOU CONTACT TO EXERCIZE YOUR RIGHTS AS A USER?
If you wish to contact us, please find us at the address stated in the section called WHO IS THE RESPONSIBLE ENTITY FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We recommend that you get in touch with the responsible entity for the assertion of your rights, reporting of data protection incidents and for suggestions and complaints about the processing of your personal data as well as for the revocation of your consent.
Last updated on March 26th, 2020